Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blog Post #3: Group Work

After reading through the list of Functional Roles of Group Members on the group work worksheet, I felt like I could relate to all 13 of the task roles because I tend to be more of a leader when I comes to group tasks. In the past, I have worked in too many situations where no one wants to step up and be the leader because they have a very reserved and quiet personality. I, on the other hand, have a very loud and boisterous personality that brings the group to life and keeps others engaged.
The first fairy tale that came to mind when I read the assignment was Cinderella. She was determined to make a better life for herself even if she didn't necessarily have the resources to do it. I can apply this to myself because even if I get a group I don't like, or people in it I don't agree with, you still have to make the most of the situation in order to reap the benefits from the assignment
Another fairy tale that I can relate to would be The Princess & the Pea because the princess was so particular she found a pea under the stack of thick and fluffy mattresses. I feel in order to be an effective leader, you need to be able to constructively criticize your own work and find the flaws in it so your group can submit their best work.

No comments:

Post a Comment