Monday, November 4, 2013

Blog Post #13: Hamlet - Blog 1

I do not feel it is right to abandon Hamlet in his time of need. He is obviously depressed by his fathers passing and his mothers incestuous marriage to his uncle. So many things have happened in the last few months to up root his entire life, but I would not be comfortable disobeying my father and brothers wishes either. They have my best needs at heart, but they do not know Hamlet like I do. They only see the worst in him, whereas I can see past his flaws. I love him and he loves me. He will never forgive me if I leave him, and I will never forgive myself for adding to his pain and suffering. Is it worth it to stay with Hamlet? It is not as if we would ever get married, we have no future together as far as I can tell. I seek your advice, help me make this decision for I am not strong enough to make it myself. Do I break my lovers heart or do I shame my father and brother?

No comments:

Post a Comment